It is a truth universally acknowledged that students are often more comfortable talking to their academic advisor about their future than career services professionals who they don’t know (yet). To support you in those conversations, we’ve compiled a list of the HPRC’s answers to some of the questions you may be getting.
We welcome feedback on this material, and we’d like to know what else might be helpful.
How do I write a cover letter? Students can find a sample format to use here.
How do I get help from the HPRC?
- Come to our drop-in hours (Tuesdays 1:30 – 4:30pm, Thursdays 9:30 – 11:30am, Fridays noon – 1pm resume review)
- Email us with your questions (email@example.com)
- Attend one of our events (see our calendar on the main webpage)
- Make an appointment: https://go.illinois.edu/HPRCAdvising
- Browse our website: there’s a lot of great information there.