For the midterm for this course you will:
- Sign up for an online meeting time with your instructor. Note that this meeting is an informal conversation, so that I can give you feedback on your materials, talk to you about your goals and how this course is helping you make progress towards them, and any other issues related to your career planning. It is NOT a mock interview. It’s a good time for you to ask questions relevant to your particular situation and priorities.
- Write yourself a reminder: the materials described below are due 24 hours BEFORE your meeting with me takes place.
- Identify a job or internship you could apply for.
- Copy/paste the job ad into a document (DON’T use a link) and perform a job ad analysis on it.
- Write the cover letter (if requested) or email (if not) and resume you would use to apply for that job.
- Email (as PDFs, titled with your name) the ad, the job ad analysis, your email/cover letter, and resume TO ME, 24 hours before your scheduled meeting.
- Meet with me online as scheduled.