Internships and part-time or summer jobs can help you gain experience, explore your options, and develop skills. (More Info)
Here are lists and links to get you started. Many of these positions we list are on Handshake. Log in to Handshake before you start clicking so that you will be taken directly to those job postings. On the right-hand side bar, you’ll see a sampling of the most recent full-time openings for humanities majors from Handshake. Handshake is your source of workshops, career fairs and other career resources.
These three links will connect you to current job postings and are pooled from multiple job boards (listed below these links).
Find Additional Opportunities on Campus
- Handshake @ Illinois. Log in with your NetID and campus password. You don’t need to complete your profile to use the site. Put “Champaign” in the location bar to find local part-time positions, see campus or virtual events, search career fairs, and so much more.
- Fall 2021 Career Fair list –Illinois Career Fairs are open to all students unless otherwise noted. For details about dates, times, and employers view each Career Fair listing in Handshake @ Illinois. Fall 2021 will continue being virtual events. You will need to review each event to confirm the software application being used and register for the events as needed.
- The Virtual Job Board Local part-time job listings (including work-study), maintained by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Office of Volunteer Programs Check out their information sheets on organizations grouped by focus area.
- WE CU: COMMUNITY ENGAGED SCHOLARS Empowering students to meet the needs of the Champaign-Urbana community
- University Housing Paraprofessional Employment
- Counseling Center Paraprofessional Program
- Apprenticeship Program
- Jobs at the Library
- Illinois Foundation
- Japan House Internships
- The Career Center’s paraprofessional program
Find Full-Time Jobs/Internships
- Handshake. Our Campus career services application.
- Idealist. An excellent source for positions with nonprofit organizations.
- Support-Driven. Jobs in tech for non-tech people.
- Chegg Internships. A great site for looking for humanities internships.
- US government job board or State of Illinois Job Board
- GoAbroad, Programs for teaching abroad
- ZipRecruiter and Salary Information Guide
- Peace Corp and AmeriCorps, short-term experiences to help tack challenges locally and globally
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Illinois hires recent college grads for a variety of administrative, students services, and operations roles
- A list of Not-for-profit job boards
Job Boards by area of interest
Connecting to jobs through Associations & Societies which appeal to your interests/field of study: